Tuesday, March 9, 2010

PBB Teen Clash of 2010 Auditions: a clash of teen spirits


                       Over 5,000 dreams were waiting- hoping. Under the murdering heat of the sun, outside SM City Davao, thousands of teenagers all over the Davao Region have been waiting anxiously for their turns in the audition. Over 5,000 teens gathered only with one aim- to be one of the "housemates" in the reality show in ABS-CBN, The Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 2010. Admittedly, I was one of the thousands of youth who stood up there and endured the what seemed to be a "kilometer-long line" for almost 3 hours. Well, I stood up for this motivation, "Charge to experience". Promise! It was really a "what-the-hell thing". 
                        Who would like to be squeezed so hard in the middle of the huge crowd anyway? If it wasn't for my company- Ms. Jessa June Uyan, I would have gone straight home right from the start. Upon seeing the amazingly huge crowd, I was undeniably motivated. Yes. Motivated. It was really fun gazing at the other teens’ faces, there are some who wore really thick make ups and heavy outfits. But their postures seemed to melt with the burning sun. Haha. :)) I was only wearing a pants, shirts and sneakers. So Probinsyana. 
                        What added to the fun was that, we were able to gain "instant friends". Yeah. We weren't the only youth travelers. There were also some who traveled all the way from Cagayan, Bukidnon and Cotabato. Wow. They were determined. All eyes on the prize. Great. I wasn't even thinking of getting into the list. Again, it was only a ''charge to experience thing''. They were really brave-warriors.
                        We were like standing under the heat of the sun for more than 3 hours but the line would only move an inch per 30 minutes. I was already confused of what to feel and how to act. I was like dying out of boredom and my knees were already shaking out of exhaustion. But it wasn’t until the security guard opened the path to the proper line. I hurriedly grabbed Jessa with me and we ran with the excited teens straight to the line.
                        It was really thrilling and exciting. We found ourselves finally falling in the real lineup. The people around us were pushing so hard that we were already pressed tightly and I can hardly breathe. But I still found it really exciting. I wasn’t annoyed or what. I was still laughing so hard in the inside.
                        Jessa’s face couldn’t be drawn already. Mine too of course. Imagine the crowd! What grabbed my attention was that there was this young man who was still surfing the net with his iPhone despite the hard scenery. There was also this guy who was complaining about the people who kept breaking the line. He was a tough one. The two of them, Jessa and I became friends. Let’s say, Instant best friends. Kuya Kevin, Kuya Jimwell and Jessa served as my source of strength.
                        We barely knew each other but we were really determined not to stay away from each other. Whatever happens, we should always be intact. It was so fun because we seemed to like know each other for how many years now. We served as each other’s support system.
                        The crowd grew impatient and mad. They started pushing really hard that there was already a semi-stampede happening. The security guards couldn’t block the mad teens anymore. Are the teens from Mindanao this desperate already? I don’t know. I was starting to lose oxygen- but it was still fun.
                        The auditions finally started. Our waiting time for our turns in the auditions seemed to be the greatest irony of our audition time. The audition lasted for just approximately 3 minutes and if they don’t like you, never mind the torments you’ve just undergone awhile ago. You just have to go straight home.
                        A few rejoiced but thousands more were frustrated and disappointed. I and my instant friends didn’t make it. But it was still fun. Hell yeah. We were still intact. We were still winners by self proclamation. We were already The Big Four”. Whatever. Haha. The experience was worth it all. I never thought I could reach that far. I’m still proud of myself somehow. I can finally say I have already tried- no regrets at all. J
                        Being there and getting an audition number was already a blessing. To be chosen as the Mindanao representative for the PBB Teen Edition was already a bonus. To gain really good friends in a moment? WINNER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers