Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mindanao Open Skimboarding Competition: a fish to kill :))

-before the incident-

This afternoon, I and my friends almost lost our lives.

                4th of April was a big event for Mati’s very own, Dahican Beach Resort. The 1st Mindanao Open Skimboarding Competition paved its way here. Together with the big event came “big” people. Foreigners, politicians, popular skimboarders, media and many others made their appearances, and of course, the excited people of Mati. There were also audiences who travelled all the way from England, Manila- well, I didn’t really surveyed on that. Let’s just put it this way; there was a really huge number of people.
                The sun was burning hot. The sea waves were monsterish. Dahican was a one-hot place to be. It was a picturesque of Boracay. No matter how big and threatening the waves are, the sea was still so oh-so tempting. I and my friends decided to bathe in the sea after the competition. We were brave enough to decide to bathe there since were already used to the feeling of being excruciated by the sea. If you know what I mean. J The waves would swallow you down and throb you so hard that you’ll reach the point of hoping you can get out of it ALIVE.
                We didn’t expect it was also gonna be a big day for us. When the competitions took its lunch break, we decided to invade the sea. We took off our shirts and bravely greet the giant waves. We were just enjoying ourselves when I noticed it wasn’t normal anymore. The waves were getting gigantic and more powerful. My strength dropped down and I could hardly breathe already. One of my friends started to scream for help, she was already being drowned. I called out for my younger sister, Yna and cousin, Jill and told them to return to the seashore. The waves are starting to kill us already.
                Just as I was about to stand up and return to the safe place, a big wave hit us and swallowed me down. Fortunately, Yna, Jill and my friend’s sister, Kakai, were already brought to the seashore.  Leaving Bdick, Kim, Kim’s boyfriend and I drowning and excruciated by the murdering waves. The waves brought Bdick so far from the seashore already, and she can’t swim. Kim’s sister, Dimple, swam after her and tried to save her. Kim’s boyfriend, Xander, was also trying to save Kim. I was alone. I thought it was gonna be the end. I couldn’t find my way out anymore. The waves were continually swallowing me down.
                Kakai started shouting for help and the coastguard came rapidly with life savers. I was already hopeless. I was thinking of giving up. My body was seriously hurting so much and I couldn’t find any strength from it anymore. It was difficult for the coastguards to save us since the waves are really so enormous it would also kill them. Finally, a coastguard grabbed me and helped me stand up. He just told me to swim back to the seashore and left to rescue my still, drowning friends. I was annoyed because I have no strength left and he wants me to swim?! What the hell?! But it was beginning to be alright anyway. With all the scanty vigor left in me, I stood up.
                But the waves are just so teasing. As I stood up, another monsterish wave hit me and unfortunately, swallowed me down again. I lost all the hope left in me. I called out for divine interventions. I was preparing to see the light, until.. Someone from behind grabbed me and took me to the shore in the quickest time possible. I embraced him without even knowing who he was. As I looked up, it was my ex. I couldn’t utter a word. I couldn’t move. I was shaking so hard. I was in a state of shock. I was traumatized. Ghaddamit. After I was saved, Kim and Bdick followed. We were like children who got so lost in the middle of the sea of crowd. We were still gasping. It took me half an hour to move. What annoyed us most was that, the people were starting to crowd us. Flashes from cameras thundered from here to there. Was it there first time to witness such incident?!
                We pulled out ourselves from the scenery. But the f*cking cameras were still following us up to the place where we have to go. They won’t just leave us alone. Thank goodness we were able to lose them. We were already having our rest until minutes after, the ambulance went ringing again. Another batch of kids were drowned in the water and were rescued. Hours after, 4 boys were rescued again, including my ex who was also trying to save his friend.

Now tell me. Was it the hot skimboarders who highlighted the event or- our murdering sea? :P               

2 comments:

  1. weee ayusa na sa Mati oi...... unta naa pa laing events para maka attract sa Mati Tourism. :) I'll be missing mati for quite some period of time ........... work work work ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahai! pwede maulaw ana meich? adik! mao dw na ang tambal sa mga taong adik ug dagat! hahaha.. proud to be one!

    ReplyDelete

Followers