Saturday, February 27, 2010

14th of FEBRUARY [late post]


14th of February; what’s the big deal with it?
                I woke up this morning with mom annoying me with her murdering hugs on bed. I stretched out my hand for my phone and when I looked at its screen, guess what? 118 messages received. What the?!
                What added to my frustration was that the 118 messages I received contained one thought, Valentine’s Day. Now I didn’t quite get that. Why are all the people so excited about it? What’s there to be excited for? Damn. I had disliked the idea of Christmas and New Year. Am I becoming a Grinch for the hearts’ day too?  Blimey! What’s going on with me?
                I so loved the idea of Valentine’s Day way back in high school. And I admit, the boys that I went crazy about were my impetus for this event of the year. I get so excited waiting for this day to come; I couldn’t sleep at night just thinking of it over and over again. I’d love to make everyone notice me on this day. I was so jejune. I would wear eye-catching clothes and alluring smiles. I would hang out with friends and date with guys. I have loved Valentine’s Day so much before.
                I used to be a very avid fan of the 14th of February.  I believed I would get the chance to hook up with the guys I like on this day of the year. I couldn’t help but have faith that I would get the greatest love I was waiting for all of my life on this event. I was so crazy about Valentine’s Day. BEFORE.
                Okay, that was before. Last year, last last year; last last last year and so on. I can’t quite understand what’s happening with me at the moment. I can’t figure out the reason behind my peculiar behavior towards this day. I can’t even grasp reality that today is Valentine’s Day. Okay. Today is hearts’ day, but what’s the big deal about it?
                I don’t wanna ruin the fun and all. I just want to find the answer why I am I becoming a Grinch on the holidays of the people? Christmas, New Year, Valentine’s Day.. what more? I don’t wanna add more. Damn. Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers