Wednesday, February 10, 2010

hardLIGHT!


We were having our P.E class awhile ago and I have this classmate, a girl, who really gets into my nerves. She annoys me. She’s a brat. She wants everything to be done according to her own decree, she doesn’t listen. She just talks and talks and talks until she salivates and her mug magically turns into that of Grendel’s face in the epic of Beowulf.
All of us couldn’t help to be infuriated if someone badgers you to what you should do and how you should decide things out. Well my classmate just reminds me of my teacher way back in high school. He mandates me to follow every decision he have and do every summon he gives. Well what did I do? I didn’t give him even a single damn. I went directly against his will. Who was he to pester me anyway?
I just can’t help but think of this over and over again: Never allow someone to dictate you. Even your parents. Especially when you’re on the crossroads of your decisions. People around you like your parents are just there to guide you. Not to order you. Yes, they are a cut above us but that doesn’t mean they can already control our lives. My classmate was okay, richer than I am and more popular. But that doesn’t mean she can already look at my fellow classmates like her underlings. No.
                This doesn’t just apply to my classmate, to our parents, to our friends. This is for all. They don’t have the right to maneuver us. We are the ones who run our own lives. I’d love to reminisce this line from Invictus's,”You are the master of your fate; you are the captain f your soul” . Just bare that in mind, ALWAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers